Broadband in Ireland?Where is it???

Hi everyone

Just a thought about broadband,and its benefits.
I have not broadband yet here where i am in Ireland.
I have been waiting 3 years for eircom to connect me up,and i know theres alot of people out there still waiting for eircom to connect up to their home.
Why are they so slow in this country,and why can they only provide 1 mb broadband?Its like going back to the 1990 again.
I have to say i am very surprised that eircom keep any customers at all.
All they have to do is dig a trench and put a cable into the ground.And they will probably get 50-100 customers connected up for around 10 to 20 € a month.This i cant understand,and now they even run a campaign trying to get old customers back.
Well i will just say this i will never go back to eircom ever again.
That is because of the promises they have made in the last three years and never got back to us.
I work as a captain on a offshore ship moving and anchor oilrigs all over the world,and three years ago i was working down in Congo in Africa.
On the travel from the airport to the port the ship eas in we stop at a cafeteria in the middle of the jungle for a strecth of the legs and a cup of coffe.
And when i walked in to the place i came across a computer and a sign saying internetcafe.
I asked the man at the counter what speed he had on the broadband,and he answered me back 14 MB broadband.I nearly fell of my stool.Thinking back to Ireland where they can provide 1 mb broadband,but you cant even get it.
Welcome to the year 2009 Eircom and Ireland.

SEAWOLF!